1st rankings 9/15/08 OFFENSIVE GUARDS
1) Duke Robinson- Oklahoma, Sr- (6-5 335 lbs) Robinson would have probably gone in the 2nd round last year had he decided to enter the draft. By returning to Oklahoma, Robinson has given himself a great chance to jump into the first round.
2) Herman Johnson- LSU, Sr- (6-7 351 lbs) Johnson is very durable and very big. Size alone will get him drafted on the first day.
3) Jeremy Perry- Oregon State, Sr- (6-2 334 lbs) Perry broke his leg and needed surgery. We‚Äôll monitor him very closely this season.
4) Kraig Urbik- Wisconsin, Sr- (6-6 332lbs) Urbik can play both guard and tackle, but he only has experience on the right side.
5) Sergio Render- Virginia Tech, Jr- (6-4 334 lbs) Render is a great talent, but he needs to stay in school for another year of fine tuning.
6) Louis Vasquez- Texas Tech, Sr- ( 6-6 335 lbs) Despite playing in Texas Tech‚Äôs offense, Vasquez didn‚Äôt allow a sack last season.
7) Cedric Dockery- Texas, Sr- (6-4 320 lbs) Dockery‚Äôs stock would be a lot higher if he didn‚Äôt have his knee troubles.
8) Matt Slauson- Nebraska, Sr- (6-5 320 lbs) His character issues are weighing him down.
9) Greg Isdaner- West Virginia, Jr- (6-4 322 lbs) unless he surprises me in his junior season, Isdaner has to go back for his final year of eligibility.
10) Anthony Parker-Tennessee, Sr- (6-3 300 lbs) A solid talent but Parker has knee and character issues that are holding him back.
Comments have been disabled for this post.