1st rankings 9/14/08 TIGHT ENDS
1) Jermaine Gresham- Oklahoma, Jr- (6-6 261 lbs) Despite splitting time at tight end last season, Gresham put up over 500 yards receiving. This year he will be Bradford‚Äôs first look in the red zone, and I expect him to go for around 750 yards receiving. In addition, he won‚Äôt even be 21 by the time the draft rolls around.
2) Chase Coffman- Missouri, Sr- (6-6 245 lbs) Coffman has some injury issues but I still think he will go on the first day. He has good hands and great size.
3) Brandon Pettigrew- Oklahoma State, Sr- (6-6 260 lbs) Pettigrew has the talent to be a first rounder but character issues keep getting in the way. I guess we can all assume that the Bengals will draft him.
4) Travis Beckum- Wisconsin, Sr- (6-4 235lbs) Beckum could easily jump to the top of this list, but with the success of Garrett Graham he should see less balls coming his way.
5) Garrett Graham- Wisconsin, Sr- (6-4 237 lbs) Graham has looked fantastic this season. His speed has improved and his size is still solid. He has above average hands and he could jump over Beckum if he continues to get this many opportunities.
6) Darius Hill- Ball State, Sr- (6-6 236 lbs) Hill has great ability and he is very tall. His talent is equaled by very few which is why I have him this high. However, if he doesn‚Äôt gain some muscle weight then he will be dropping off this list.
7) Bear Pascoe- Fresno State, Sr- (6-5 260 lbs) This guy really is a bear at 6-5 260lbs. He needs to become a little faster if he wants to slip into the first day.
8) Cedric Hill- South Florida, Sr- (6-3 244 lbs) Hill is going to be a big risk on draft day. Don‚Äôt look for him until the second day.
9) Ryan Purvis- Boston College, Sr- (6-4 260 lbs) Purvis had a great finish to the 2007 season. If he can keep it going this season then we should see him rising up this list.
10) Shawn Nelson- Southern Miss, Sr- (6-5 240lbs) Nelson had an off year last season but his combination of size and speed should get him drafted.
Free Preview: Want the Latest positional rankings and NFL draft coverage throughout the year