Day 2: Afternoon Quick Hits
- Steelers DT Casey Hampton tweaked a hamstring in the morning session and is day-to-day, according to head coach Mike Tomlin. Running back Jonathan Dwyer is off to a slow start, suffering a hamstring injury this afternoon.
- Ziggy Hood was among the standouts in the afternoon session. Hood was impressive in one-on-one drills, beating up on 2010 1st round pick Maurkice Pouncey a few times. Hood also drew praise from Tomlin after practice.
- Cornerback Keenan Lewis who is running second team behind Bryant McFadden, did some good things today. Lewis appears to have picked up where he left off from OTA’s.
- Running back Isaac Redman had a good first day and performed well in both practice sessions. Tomlin went out of his way to mention Redman after today’s practice.
- It was a so-so day for Rashard Mendenhall. He got lit up by James Harrison after making a reception from Ben Roethlisberger in a passing drill and later got a ball ripped out. But he also had some nice explosive runs throughout the practice.
- All eyes were clearly on the quarterback position. Ben Roethlisberger took first team reps again today along with Byron Leftwich. Roethlisberger was accurate but rarely threw deep.
- Leftwich was a little erratic and scattered in the afternoon practice.
- Wide receiver Antonio Brown continues to make a name for himself. He showed some flash a couple times during the afternoon session in passing drills.
***Tim Benz also contributed to this report***