Houston Astros (29-58) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (45-41)
HOU Bud Norris (4-6, 3.51 ERA) vs PIT Charlie Morton (7-4, 3.63 ERA)
- The Pirates notched their 45th victory of the season last night and enter Tuesday’s action in sole possession of second place in the National League Central, trailing the St. Louis Cardinals by 1.5 games.
- The Pirates who are 6-2 in their last 8 home games, have won 12 of 18 overall at PNC and look for their second straight sweep of the Houston Astros this season. Pittsburgh is 7-1 on the season against Houston and riding a three game winning streak.
- The Pirates have outscored Houston 23-11 in their last 5 meetings
- Charlie Morton takes the mound for the Pirates and is 2-0 with a 2.84 ERA in two starts against Houston this season. Morton went 7 2/3 innings and allowed one run in a 6-1 home win over the Astros on May 7.
- Morton who skipped a start before last Friday’s start against Washington, is 5 1/3 innings shy of a career high 97 innings pitched.
- Morton has not won at home since June 4th.
- Astros starter Bud Norris is 4-6 on the season with a 3.51 ERA. Norris is coming off a 10 strikeout game last Friday vs the Boston Red Sox and has 110 strikeouts on the season in 105 innings pitched.
- In two starts against Pittsburgh this season, Norris has struck out 18 and walked just four batters.
- Garrett Jones returns to the starting lineup in right field for the Pirates and will bat in the No. 3 hole.
- Brandon Wood coming off a three RBI game, stays in the lineup at third base.
1. Alex Presley, LF
2. Chase d’Arnaud, SS
3. Garrett Jones, RF
4. Andrew McCutchen, CF
5. Neil Walker, 2B
6. Lyle Overbay, 1B
7. Brandon Wood, 3B
8. Mike McKenry, C
9. Charlie Morton, P