Latest Pens Buzz
- New Regime All-In on Mike Sullivan for Now
- Early Off-Season Priority is Clearing Cap Space
- Has the Org Soured on Jake Guentzel?
- New Type of Linemate? Concerns that Sidney Crosby wore Down
Rumblings: New Regime privately wanted to kill the Sullivan noise right away this off-season
— Maybe the new regime of Ron Hextall and Brian Burke are just delaying the inevitable and they’ll eventually bring in their own guy by the 2022-2023 season, but any chance of Penguins’ head coach Mike Sullivan exiting the organization this off-season would be Sullivan’s doing in lining up and wanting another opportunity.
With some noise being out there, Hextall and Burke made it known to Sullivan last week and within 24 hours of the Penguins ouster, sources say, Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"
From strictly a coaching performance, the new regime just saw nothing from Sullivan’s grip on the team that warranted much discussion at all about needing a new voice. They believe he deserves another chance to run it back with most of this group.
Extensive discussions on potential philosophical differences between the two sides that are believed to exist is something that will be pushed down the road this summer.
— With the salary cap expected to stay flat for the next three seasons, the top early off-season priority for GM Ron Hextall continues to be Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"
— Some buzz around the league is there’s concern from the Penguins hierarchy that Sidney Crosby wore down over the final 3-4 weeks of what was a shortened season and this isn’t a consensus, but there’s a feeling among some that how hard Sidney Crosby has to work for his offense down low and defend could become a long-term problem as Crosby gets older when it comes to points producing.
Would adding an elite defensive minded top-9 winger to Crosby’s line ease the load on Crosby, as one scout Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"
— Former GM Jim Rutherford regarded Jake Guentzel and John Marino as part of the core for the present and future.
Especially with Marino, there’s no belief both are Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"
NHL Executive Weighs in on the Penguins
1. Take the field or is Mike Sullivan still the head coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins for the start of the 2022-2023 season?
NHL Executive: The field “Chicago Blackhawks”.
2. Tristan Jarry’s Future in 2021-2022, Pittsburgh or the field?Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"
3. Will Penguins Re-acquire Marc Andre Fleury This Summer:Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"
4. Should the Penguins go the James Neal route and trade Jake Guentzel for a different type of winger?
5. Rick Tocchet is the next head coach of……. Want the Full Story? Get "Inside Access"