*The New Jersey Devils have signed Johnny Oduya to a three year deal worth $3.5 million per season.
*The Toronto Maple Leafs have heavy interest in Ian Laperrière, Travis Moen and Chris Neil. Leafs GM Brian Burke will look to sign two of the three.
At the top of Burke’s wishlist is Travis Moen. It is going to be difficult to lure Moen from the West Coast as he likes living there.
The Sharks, Kings, Ducks and Wild also have interest.
Neil will draw strong interest from the Panthers, Red Wings who nearly acquired him at the deadline and the Canadiens have Laperriere on their radar.
* The Hawks, Rangers, and Oilers are expressing the most interest in Dany Heatley.
*Talks with Alexei Kovalev will go down to the wire but expect the two sides to continue negotiations through July 1. A two year offer is one the table. Rangers, Oilers, and Capitals have interest.
* Erik Cole is seeking a three year deal and has turned down a two year offer from the Canes. He will be testing free agency, although the two sides haven’t closed the door on a possible return.
*Talks have broken off between the Devils, Brian Gionta.
* Pittsburgh is currently having internal discussions about pursuing power forward
Todd Bertuzzi. Pittsburgh had brief discussions last off-season with Bertuzzi but decided to pass.
He will be in the Penguins price range and would be very interesting to see how he would fit in Pittsburgh.
*A source close to Ruslan Fedotenko tells me the Nashville Predators will reach out Fedotenko as soon as the clock strikes noon tomorrow. Rangers, Sharks, Blues, Wild, have significant interest in Fedotenko.
*Nashville Predators forward Steve Sullivan will test the open market. His #1 choice remains the Nashville Predators.
Pittsburgh will give him a look considering Ray Shero knows Sullivan very well.
*The Montreal Canadiens are emerging as a suitor for Rob Scuderi. They have their sights set on a big name in Komisarek, Beauchemen but will leave enough cap space to make a run at Scuderi.
Not sure if Scuderi has much interest in playing out of the states.
*There is more movement that the Montreal Canadiens will be the front runners to sign the Sedin twins if they test the open market. TSN reports the Canucks have made a re-vised offer to the Sedin twins.
* The Chicago Blackhawks are hopeful to finalize a 2 year deal with Nikolai Khabibulin today.
* The market does not appear to be very strong for Hal Gill. Pittsburgh has informed him he will have to take a $500,000 pay cut to make the numbers work.