Here are some notes from the Tomlin press conference.
– Unlikely Bryant McFadden (pectorial) plays again this preseason. His status for the season opener could also be up in the air. Tomlin said McFadden is targeting the opener against Atlanta but he’s not a lock to be ready by then.
– Wouldn’t comment on Keenan Lewis busting a sign after the game
– Linebacker James Farrior is fine after 6 stitches
– Tomlin thought Maurkice Pouncey was “OK” against Jamal Williams.
– Continues to be non committal about qb’s and rotation for Carolina game. Early indications are Roethlisberger will not play against Carolina.
– Again downplayed Jonathan Dwyer’s performance and it doesn’t sound like dwyer has made the team just yet
– Plan from the get go was to get Dennis Dixon in to start the 3rd quarter
– Tomlin appears to want to see more from his 1st team offense. Said Starters will play a fair amount vs Carolina. But not as much as last night.
– Said the 4th and 1 Dixon play call was his fault.
– Says he knows nothing about the latest talk surrounding Ben Roethlisberger’s suspension status.
Mike Wise of the Washington Post is reporting that Roethlisberger will be suspended for five games. Roethlisberger will meet with Roger Goodell on Friday. This has not been confirmed anywhere else.
– Absolved Antonio Brown of return errors claiming the punt on the three yard line was aggressiveness. But he actually encouraged deeper kick returns and Brown was following instructions on the first one.
– Said Lawrence Timmons played really well aside from penalty
– Regarding all the personal foul penalties: “I’d Rather say woah than sick em”
Doesn’t sound like they like Matt Stewart’s game too much. He snapped fast but was wild and Sepulveda bailed him out a few times
– Tomlin still doesn’t sound so wild about Crezdon Butler who continues to make plays in the secondary