FREE AGENCY ABOUT TO BEGIN
Free Agency gets underway at 12:00 p.m. and the Penguins will look to strike early.
It’s no secret now that the Penguins plan to be aggressive suitors for Nikolai Kulemin and Benoit Pouliot at 12:00 p.m..
Pittsburgh is preparing to make an offer of at least three years to Kulemin, who has three to four other strong suitors, according to his camp.
Interest is considered to be a bit more significant in Pouliot who met with the Ottawa Senators on Monday.
Penguins sources expect Penguins to sign at least three players today.
- Add Thomas Greiss to list of goaltenders Pittsburgh could look at. Penguins pro scouts have always been high on him.
- The Penguins have long list of 4th line targets, we’ve touched based on a lot of them the past couple days, but a league source confirmed the Penguins have shown “some interest” in Dominic Moore. Moore will test the market but plans to circle back to the Rangers. He’s looking for a three year deal worth close to $6 million.
- As we reported yesterday, Christian Ehrhoff’s camp reached out to Penguins on Sunday. Not clear if Penguins will move on him.
- Spoke to Radim Vrbata’s agent Rich Evans this morning who said the Penguins “appear to be looking elsewhere”. They spoke on Thursday but not much since. Boston among teams that covet Vrbata.
- The cost of making the Cup Final, the Rangers will lose Brian Boyle, Benoit Pouliot and Anton Stralman. Might keep Moore
- Jarome Iginla eyes a 2-3 year deal worth at least $6 million per season. Minnesota is among the most aggressive suitors. Tampa Bay, Detroit, Anaheim, Colorado are on his expanded list. Penguins never reached out as of 10:00 a.m.
- Ryan Miller to Vancouver is considered a done deal.
- The Lightning, Red Wings and Capitals are among the finalists on Matt Niskanen’s list. Not sure of the other 1-2 teams.