- The Pittsburgh Pirates homered 5 times, beating the Seattle Mariners 9-4 on Tuesday night to improve to 47-30 on the season.
- Starling Marte (.283 – 8 HR – 24 RBI) homered twice and had a triple. Marte opened the game with a triple and then hit solo home runs in the second and eighth innings.
- Brandon Inge (.207 – 1 HR – 7 RBI), Russell Martin (.256 – 8 HR – 28 RBI) and Gaby Sanchez (.250 – 7 HR – 24 RBI) also homered in the win. Russell led off the second inning with a solo shot and Inge belted a three-run shot in the inning to break the game wide open to give the Pirates a 5-0 lead. Starling Marte also homered in the second. Prior to Inge’s home run, Inge was 2 for his last 32. He went 2-3 with a home run, double, and 3 RBIs vs the Mariners and he’s a player fighting to hold onto to a roster spot with Jose Tabata expected back this week.
- Jeff Locke (7-1, 2.06 ERA) improved to 7-1 on the season, allowing 4 hits and 2 earned runs in seven innings pitched. Locke struck out 4 and walked 2.
- Pedro Alvarez (.238 – 19 HR – 51 RBI) extended his hitting streak to 9 games with a double to deep left center in the ninth.
- Andrew McCutchen (.291 -8 HR – 38 RBI) went 2-5 with a double in the win and has a five game hitting streak.
PIRATES 9 – MARINERS 4
Comments have been disabled for this post.