Reports on four players from pre-season game #2
1. LW Luca Caputi
Analysis: Played on a line with Evgeni Malkin and Tyler Kennedy.
– Effective on the fore-check, presence in the front of the net
– Didn’t have a “Eric Tangradi” type of performance that he needed to open the pre-season
– Needs to improve his balance, was bounced off the puck at times.
– Didn’t get much velocity on his shots. Had a few prime opportunities in the slot on passes from Malkin and just didn’t get much on them.
– Overall Analysis Through one week of camp: He needs time in Wilkes Barre
2. RW Nick Johnson
Analysis: Played on a line with Konstantin Pushkarev and Craig Adams
– Had a Nick Johnson type of game
– Played well in his own end, committed to making the smart play and getting the puck out of the zone
– Performed better as the game went on. Was tentative in the first period
– Used his size very well in the offensive zone in around the net. Assisted on Brooks Orpik’s third period goal.
3. LW Konstantin Pushkarev
Analysis: Played on a line with Craig Adams and Nick Johnson
– Played very aggressive in the offensive zone, won some battles in the corners
– Drove to the net consistently
– Excellent speed but he just reminds me of one of those players that is a teaser. His offensive skills jump out to you but he doesn’t produce.
– Gets knocked off the puck easily
Still he brings a lot more to the table than Janne Pesonen did and he deserves another look.
4. Paul Bissonnette
Analysis: Played on a line with Mike Rupp and Tim Wallace
– Physical and was looking to stir things up
– He’s a player that will go to battle for his team
– Slightly improving his play on the boards in the defensive zone, remember he is still new to playing wing
– Odds are stacked against him but he’s a player I would take on my team any day of the week.
Comments have been disabled for this post.