- Pirates have won 9 of 11, Season high four games above .500
- 14-7 record since Gregory Polanco has been called up. Polanco has reached safely in 19 of 21 games.
- The Pirates have scored the 5th most runs in the NL since June
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .339 with 8 home runs, 26 RBI, and has 20 extra-base hits since June 1. Heading towards a second straight MVP?
- Starling Marte drove in two runs tonight and is hitting .348 (24-for-69) since June 9th.
PIRATES 5 – DIAMONDBACKS 1
Win: Charlie Morton (5-9)
Loss: Chase Anderson (5-4)
AROUND THE BASES
The Pittsburgh Pirates (44-40) are on a roll.
Gregory Polanco homered, and Charlie Morton allowed 1 run over six innings, as the Pirates won for the fifth time in six games, defeating the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-1 on Tuesday night. Morton lowered his ERA to 2.13 at PNC Park, allowing one run and five hits.
Comments have been disabled for this post.