THURSDAY’S NHL SCORES
(Eastern Conference Playoff Implications)
NYR 3 – MIN 2
CLB 4 – NYI 3 (SO)
WAS 5 – MTL 4 (SO)
BOS 3 – DET 2
OTT 2 – TB 1 (OT)
RANGERS CLINCH METROPOLITAN DIVISION
The New York Rangers clinched the Metropolitan Division with a 3-2 win over the Minnesota Wild. The Rangers with five games remaining, are in the drivers seat to claim the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
PENGUINS FALL TO TOP WILDCARD SPOT
The Washington Capitals 5-4 shootout win over the Montreal Canadiens moves them into a tie with the New York Islanders for second place in the Metropolitan Division.
The Islanders blew a 3-1 third period lead and lost in the shootout, 4-3 to Columbus. The Blue Jackets have won 8 straight and continue to play the role of spoiler. They get the Penguins Saturday afternoon.
The Islanders and Capitals are tied with 96 points and each have four games remaining. Pittsburgh has 5 games remaining and trail the Capitals and Islanders by one point.
BIG NIGHT FOR BRUINS
The Boston Bruins rallied from a 2-0 third period deficit to beat the struggling Detroit Red Wings, 3-2. It was Boston’s fourth straight win.
Boston and Detroit are both tied with 93 points.
NHL PLAYOFF RACE
1. NY Rangers, 105 Points, 5 GR
2. NY Islanders, 96 Points, 4 GR
3. Washington Capitals, 96 points, 4 GR
1. Montreal Canadiens, 103 Points, 4 GR
2. Tampa Bay Lightning, 102 Points, 3 GR
3. Detroit Red Wings, 93 Points, 5 GR
1. Pittsburgh Penguins, 95 points, 5 GR
2. Boston Bruins, 93 points, 4 GR
3. Ottawa Senators, 90 Points, 5 GR
4. Florida Panthers, 87 Points, 4 GR
Comments have been disabled for this post.