Top 10 Safeties
1. Taylor Mays- Southern California, Jr- Mays is very well built and he has a lot of speed to go with it. He doesn‚Äôt make too many mistakes and is very physical. Mays will be a first round pick if he decides to leave USC early.
2. William Moore- Missouri, Sr- Moore is the definition of a ball hawk and he has great hands to go with it. He isn‚Äôt very physical and he sometimes doesn‚Äôt recognize plays, but other than that Moore is almost flawless.
3. Patrick Chung- Oregon, Sr- Chung is a very strong and physical player. Chung is under 6 foot but he makes up for that in strength and speed. At times he may be a little bit too aggressive.
4. Myron Rolle- Florida State, Jr- Myron Rolle can get beat at times but he is a very intelligent player who rarely makes stupid decisions on the field. Rolle may pursue his Rhodes scholarship but if he doesn‚Äôt he should improve his draft stock significantly during player interviews.
5. Nic Harris- Oklahoma, Sr- Harris is very strong and good in run defense. Harris‚Äô because weakness is he lacks the speed to recover if the receiver gets behind him.
6. Kam Chancellor- Virginia Tech, Jr- Chancellor has very good size and speed. Chancellor has steadily improved in run defense and overall tackling ability.
7. Rashad Johnson- Alabama, Sr- Size and speed really hurt his NFL value.
8. Michael Hamlin- Clemson, Sr- Hamlin is a big guy and is a very instinctive and intelligent player. He isn‚Äôt too good of a tackler and sometimes avoids contact.
9. Kevin Ellison- Southern California, Sr- Ellison has very good size and he loves to play up in the box. He does have knee issues that are scaring away a lot of teams.
10. Emanuel Cook- South Carolina, Jr- Cook‚Äôs status got hurt in a bad loss to Clemson. I see him returning for his senior season.
Comments have been disabled for this post.