- Martin Brodeur comes into tonight’s game red hot as he is 3-1 with a 0.75 GAA and 2 shutouts in his last four starts. Brodeur has been excellent at home against the Penguins, 8-2-0 with a 1.49 GAA in his last 10 home games vs the Penguins.
- For the first time this season, Marc Andre Fleury will play in back to back games as Dan Bylsma confirmed to reporters that Fleury is starting tonight. Fleury did not start one set of back to back games last season. This will mark the 17th start in the Penguins first 20 games for Fleury. Talk about a heavy workload to open the season.
- Fleury, though, had an easy game last night which likely played a factor in the decision to start him tonight. He is 3-3 with a 2.69 GAA and .893 save percentage on the road this season. Fleury is 16-20-4 all-time vs the Devils.
- The Devils coming off a 2-0 shutout loss to the Kings last night on home ice, are 27th in the NHL in goals per game averaging just two a night.
- Evgeni Malkin looking for his first goal in 13 games, is averaging over a point per game in his career vs the Devils with 15 goals – 23 assists – 38 points in 37 career games vs New Jersey.
PENGUINS (12-7-0, 24 PTS) @ DEVILS (6-8-5, 17 PTS)