- Tom Brady threw for 4 touchdowns and 432 yards
- Rob Gronkowski had 9 catches for 143 yards and 1 touchdown as the Steelers had no answers for him.
- Aaron Dobson hauled in an 81 Yard TD Pass in the 4th quarter burning Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark deep and Dobson had 5 catches for 130 yards and 2 touchdowns in the win
- Danny Amendola 4 catches for 122 yards and a touchdown. Had a long catch of 57 yards.
- Steven Ridley gashed the Steelers on the ground for 115 yards and 2 touchdowns. The Patriots rushed for 197 yards on 35 carries.
NEW ENGLAND 55 – PITTSBURGH 31
The Pittsburgh Steelers have hit a new low and this one was an embarrassment. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots torched the Steelers for 610 yards and 55 points, thumping the Steelers 55-31.
The Steelers were on life support heading into this game at 2-5 and now they are cooked at 2-6.
The 55 points the Steelers gave up were a franchise record.
How bad was it for the Steelers defense that gave up big play after big play?
The Steelers have huge problems personnel wise on defense and there’s going to be no quick fix even with a likely defensive coordinator change for next season.
The Steelers offensively put up 31 points and Ben Roethlisberger threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns but it was another up and down game from the offense. Roethlisberger was erratic in the first half, turned the ball over and the Steelers offense failed to finish drives with just 10 first half points.
The Steelers in the game also turned the ball over three times but it really didn’t matter because the defense was a complete disaster against a Patriots offense that was struggling coming in.
“They handled us and they handled us well,” head coach Mike Tomlin said. That’s an understatement.
Comments have been disabled for this post.